Making Modern sent me mugs to review, thanks, guys!
First, I’m coming into the eye of a head cold hurricane, so if I’m ever less eloquent than usual, you’ll have to let me slide.
So, let me get right into it: I was dubious about the manufacturers claims of their near unbreakableness and ability to handle hot and cold drinks, so I took my 2 mugs out for a test drive at the day job. Verdict? These fun little mugs won me over in a day.
- Aesthetic: If you’re into modern minimal design, these are right up your alley. As an industrial decor nerd, I wasn’t sure if these would be something that incorporated well into my current dish and mug collection, but the gray, slightly-textured surface of these actually made these a really organic fit.
- Construction: They’re like a cross between stone and plastic, lightweight but with a little oomph to them
- Size: They handle about the volume of your average travel mug
- Idiot-proofness: I used these both with pre-made drip coffee and in my tea/coffee pod machine. In both instances, I was able to handle the mugs immediately without any burns or discomfort. The trick is to cup it towards the bottom and pay attention to the label (I fully admit I had no clue why I was supposed to put my pinky where the label told me to. It’s not like a “poke here” but more to stabilize your hold of the cup. Hopefully, you’re smarter than me when it comes to reading comprehension, but if you were feeling confused, too, I gotchu.)
- Durability: Here you go, video proof of my inability to break these. 1 MYMUG + Ceramic kitchen tile + a cringing Megan = this video:
Also, they handled the top rack of my dishwasher like a champ.
I never tried anything too cold in these because that’s not really my jam, but I have to say these durable mugs are incredible and going to be my new shiny object for guests who stay with us and want something hot to drink!
I know this sounds like a shill post; I wish I had bad things to say about them but in all honesty, they’re the little mugs that could. You should give these guys a go, especially for easy holiday gifts that no one else is thinking of. Check them out on Kickstarter now!
This post may contain affiliate links to help keep the site running at no extra cost to you. Pow!