How To Make Your Own Room Scent
Now that you’ve cleaned, organized and eliminated unwanted odor from your home, it’s time to make your home smell amazing! The best part about creating your own room scent is that you can choose the scent to your liking and it is very easy to do. Are you ready to create your signature room scent? Keep on reading.
Choosing Your Signature Room Scent
Before you start creating your room scent, think about your signature room scent. What would you like for your room to smell like? You also have to think about temperature – some scent works better and lasts longer on colder temperature and some works on warmer temperature. So those are some things to consider.
Creating a Room Scent
There are many ways to create a scent for your room, today we’re going to be focusing on creating a scent diffuser. Why? It’s easy and relatively inexpensive! What are you waiting for? Let’s start concocting the perfect scent.
What You Will Need
- Essential Oil – this will give your scent its aroma so choose your favorite essential oil
- Small Vase/Bottle – keep your room scent here after mixing it all
- Baby Oil / Lightly unscented oil – this will be used to complement the essential oil
- Rubbing Alcohol (should be at least 90% Isopropyl) / Vodka – the alcohol will help bring out the smell of the essential oil.
- Diffuser Reeds or Bamboo Skewers – use this to diffuse the room scent
- Small Funnel – for mixing your wet ingredients and to transfer your finish product into a bowl easily using a small funnel
- Scissors or Knife – to cut your diffuser reeds or bamboo skewers
- Bowl – mix all the ingredients here
How to Make Your Personalised Room Diffuser
- Once you’ve picked out a perfect essential oil, start creating your diffuser! First, mix ¼ cup of baby oil or any unscented oil with 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol or vodka in your bowl. The alcohol will help bind the scent in the diffuser reeds or bamboo skewers thus bringing out the smell of the oil better.
- Add 20-25 drops of your chosen essential oil to the bowl and mix them with a stick.
- Once they’re mixed, transfer them using a small funnel to a bottle. Make sure to get a bottle that has a narrow opening and a wide body – this will keep your diffuser from evaporating easily.
- And that’s it! All you need to do is place five to six diffuser reeds or bamboo skewers, depending on the size of the bottle, you might need to cut the reeds or skewers. Place it in your room or anywhere in your home that you like.
That’s it! You’ve created your own room scent. Pretty easy, right? You can keep changing these scents every season or whenever you like. You can also gift this to a friend and they’ll surely appreciate it.
If you’re a coffee lover and would love your room to smell like coffee, purchase coffee beans and keep them in a bowl in your room. This will make your room smell like coffee and also filter unwanted odor.
This post may contain affiliate links to help keep the site running at no extra cost to you. Pow!