If you’ve been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing in your house (shoutout to Marie Kondo!), you might enjoy and find today’s do-it-yourself project very useful. Organizing your things, from your makeup room, kitchen, bedroom or living room, it’s very important to have some sort of system. And by system; organizing them in storages or drawers with proper labels. This way you won’t have to rummage through every single storage/drawers to find what you’re looking for. With that said, in today’s do-it-yourself project, we’re going to teach you how to create your own sticker labels.
Creating Your Sticker Labels
Ready to create your own sticker labels? Here are the things that you will need:
- Design Software – Canva is one of the best you can use to create your stickers. It offers tons of designs and is user-friendly. It is also free and pretty straight forward. If you’re creating a more complex design, you can use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Printer – inkjet or laser printer will do, just make sure to get the correct sticker paper.
- Sticker Paper – if you’re using an inkjet printer, get an inkjet sticker paper meanwhile, if you use a laser printer, buy a laser printer sticker paper. These are not interchangeable as it won’t work as well and might ruin the print. If you’re unsure about these sticker papers, you can ask your local craft store for a recommendation.
- Scissors – for cutting your labels.
- Ruler – this will help you cut your stickers equally and straight.
How To Create Sticker Labels
Follow these simple steps and create your sticker labels:
- Now, for the actual process, the first thing you need to do is list out the labels you’re going to make. This will make the actual process easier and will help you not miss out any labels.
- When you’re done with your list, pick the design software you’re most comfortable with and start creating your design. If you’re not into designing, you can be simple and just type out the labels. Now if you want a little sparkle in your label, you can download a template or choose from the designs available in Canva.
- Once you’ve created and designed your sticker labels, you are now ready to print! But before that, make sure the dimensions of the paper match your actual work.
- Then, you can now start printing! When you have your stickers printed out and ready, let them dry for a few minutes – this will help you avoid any smudges.
- When they’re all dry, you can now cut your sticker labels and stick them to drawers, cabinets or even folders. This will make organization easy breezy.
Wasn’t that easy? Creating sticker labels is inexpensive and is very convenient. Aside from organization, you can also create sticker labels to label your things or your kid’s stuff. What’s the next diy list that you’d like to see? Leave a comment below and don’t forget to share the sticker label you have created!
This post may contain affiliate links to help keep the site running at no extra cost to you. Pow!