Steampunk has been proven to be a favorite here in our blog. From a Steampunk inspired party, to a Steampunk aquarium, and even a Steampunk-inspired bedroom, we can guarantee that this “lifestyle” is becoming more of a trend today.
In our post, “Steampunk Bedroom Design Ideas,” we’ve talked about how cool and amazing it is to have a Steampunk bed – a piece of furniture that you can make as your bedroom’s focal point. But today, we’re going to dive deeper, and we’ll make this dream come true as we’ll share with you how to create your own pipe steampunk bed!
Read on and let’s dwell on this cool thing called Steampunk!
What You Need for a Steampunk Bed
Here are the materials you need to create a steampunk bed:
- Pipes – Specifically, metal pipes. You can use old pipes if you’ll just use it as decor for your bed frame. But if you want a sturdier steampunk bed, then the best thing to do is to get new metal pipes as these are more reliable.
- Pipe Fittings – This will form your bed frame and hold all the pipes to serve as your bed frame.
- Wood Pallets – Use this to create a wooden base for the mattress.
- Felt Sliders – Protects your floor from getting scratched up by using felt sliders.
- Toolbox – Prepares the tools you need to assemble your pipe steampunk bed.
How to Make a DIY Pipe Steampunk Bed
Ready to make your DIY pipe steampunk bed? Here’s how you can easily do it in just a few days:
- Sketch your bed. Plan all the pipes and where or what kind of pipe fittings you will need. This will help you assemble your bed easily and quickly.
- Prepare all the materials. Start with your pipe and pipe fittings, and make sure they’re complete, and you have all the tools need to assemble these pipes.
- Assemble all the metal pipes. Putting together and forming the metal pipe bed frame should be straightforward. Simply join them together based on your sketch-upped plan and make sure to tighten the screws to ensure they won’t detach from each other.
- Start building your wooden mattress frame. Do this once your metal pipe bed frame is ready. Lay out the wooden pallets and nail them together. After which, secure the wooden frame to the metal pipe frame. (Make sure to get a wooden frame that is strong enough to support the right part of the mattress and your weight.) Depending on your liking, you can opt to get stained wood or just a plain wooden pallet.
- Add additional decors for aesthetics. You are practically done after you have created the metal pipe frame and the wooden mattress base. All you need is a mattress and some Steampunk decorations for your bed. Here are some fantastic additions: steampunk inspired throw pillows, tapestry and a lot more.
- Splash more creativity. If you’re feeling extra creative, you can also use the wooden pallets to create a headboard. To add to the Steampunk vibe, decorate the headboard with decals (of course, it should be Steampunk inspired!).
You’ve worked hard on your pipe steampunk bed, now go get some much-needed zZzss and lay comfortably on your new bed! What would you like to see next? Leave a comment below or share with us your steampunk bed.