Colorful DIY Coasters
If you’re a clean freak or just somebody who wants everything to be spotless, one thing that you will probably find unsightly – watermarks on surfaces. These watermarks are left when drinks are placed on a surface and they leave marks because of moisture. They’re usually easy to remove but if you keep placing your drink where it shouldn’t be, it will definitely leave a hideous stain. This is why today, we’re going to create some colorful DIY coasters.
What You’ll Need For DIY Coasters
Here are some of the materials that you’ll need to create your own set of colorful coasters:
- Wooden Circles or Old Tiles – this will be used as the base of your coaster and serve as a canvas for your design as well.
- Pencil – sketch your design with a pencil first before going in and painting them.
- Paint – use acrylic paint for wooden circles/old tiles
- Paint Brush – for painting your designs on the coaster
- Sealant – this will seal in your design and protect the wood
- Modge Podge / Sponge – use this to paste your desired design to the base
- Colorful Magazine/ Design – if you don’t want to paint, you can get any design from a magazine you like
How to Make Colorful DIY Coasters
Want to protect the surfaces in your home? Here’s how you can:
- Creating colorful DIY coasters are really easy. First, think about the design you want. Once you’ve got it all planned out, gather all your materials. Sketch your design with a pencil on the wooden circle or an old tile.
- After sketching the design, you can now paint your coaster. Depending on your design, you can use a bunch of colors. Since you’ll be creating a few coasters, you can try out different designs for each coaster.
- Once you’re satisfied with your painting, let it dry for a few hours or even overnight. This will help the paint stick to the wood or tile better.
- Now that they’re dry, make sure to seal the paint to preserve the design. Get your sealant and paint a sufficient amount on your masterpiece. Make sure to cover the whole piece, the sides and even under. Let it dry overnight.
- After drying them overnight, they are now ready to use! Use your colorful DIY coasters as regular coasters or you can also use them as home decors.
If you’re not into painting, you can cut or get any design you like and paste it on the base with a modge podge. This will seal the design on the base. Cut out the excess papers on the sides and let the modge podge dry. After they’re dry, seal it with a sealant.
With these colorful DIY coasters, you’ll never leave your drinks without a coaster again. What are you waiting for? Try them now! If you’re looking for a personalized gift, these DIY coasters are also perfect! They’re inexpensive, easy to do and very thoughtful. What project would you like to see next? Leave a comment below and don’t forget to share your masterpiece!
This post may contain affiliate links to help keep the site running at no extra cost to you. Pow!